Recently we shared plans on social media for a low maintenance garden which we created for a client in a terrace cottage property with a 16m x 4m narrow garden. Now we’ve completed the work, we are able to show you the pictures of the finished garden also!
Our clients requests included:
- Low maintenance garden
- No lawn
- Plenty of entertaining space.
- Defined planting beds.
- Height to the garden without using trees
Our thoughts on the design of the garden were to have nice tidy garden coming out from the house and as you go down the garden, then breaking it up a bit to make it a bit more random, in keeping with a cottage style garden.
We recommended slightly raised beds for planting defining patio and paths. We also recommended space for seating in different parts of the garden for entertaining, suggested using all the garden not just the main patio.
We carried out a variety of works on the garden including:
• Replacing fencing on both sides.
• Cutting back vegetation to once side to the boundary.
• Replace gate.
• Take up existing patio.
• New flowers beds made from sleepers
• Lay new paving stone and point patio
• New brick path laid in a herringbone style
• A new pergola which we built without giving too much cover, to give height to the garden and a distinctive zone. The Client is planning on hanging lights from this.
We think that our client now has a much more functional, usable space which they can enjoy.
Are you considering having your garden landscaped?
We’d love to help! https://www.longacregardenservices.co.uk/