Have your garden tidied for Christmas and the New Year
- Paths and paving areas cleaned
- Remove all the leaves and debris from the lawns. Leaving some in the garden from wildlife.
- Cutting back any herbaceous perennials to ground as they begin to die back. Saving anything with attractive seed heads. They will look great when the frosted over.
- Clip lawn edges
- Give shrubs a prune to improve the structure.
- Protect semi hardy plants with horticultural fleece.
- Move pots into greenhouse, summerhouse and conservatories.
- Remove dead, diseased or damaged branches, particularly with your trees. This will help to prevent stems from rubbing which can cause wounds to branches.
- Empty compost bins and spread well-rotted organic material over the beds.
- Replenish bins with this year’s waste ready to be next year’s goodness.
- Tidy ponds and water features
- Clean garden furniture
- Repair garden structures.
Share with friends